Thursday, March 03, 2005

The Great Lenin Hunt

(photo from Lenins of the World website)
OK. I don't usually do this. In fact I've never done this before- but today's blog is mostly a link to a fine website I found that says it almost as well as I can!

It's all about Lenin. When I read that Fremont/Seattle reputedly has the world's largest Vlad Lenin statue (which is displayed near the shell of a Soviet-era rocket), and other statues of the Communist founding father are on the rooftop of an apartment building in NYC, in Dallas (in front of a burger joint and sporting the legend, "America Won" and later sold on ebay for $150K) and the Red Square café in Las Vegas, which beheaded the piece after complaints from the gambling proletariat, I got curious. I had done a blog in my previous incarnation at (blogs.salon.com/0003346) about Stalin statues, so this was an extension of the same.

I found "Lenins of the World- A Compilation of Surviving Lenin Stautes" and can only urge curious fellow pilgrims to go have a gander at the site. Fabulous- and interactive. If you find an unknown Lenin, you can let them know and they add it. It's worth bookmarking at
http://www.connection.se/hem/anders/resor/lenin/
Posted by Hello

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because blogger has made it impossible for comments to appear on this blog, please send all comments to cassidyp4@netscape.net
I'd love to hear from you and will post your responses in the post itself.
Thanks!